Tuesday 8 November 2011

Preface

I’ve finally done it: I’ve started a blog. I’ve always wanted to, ever since I’ve seen people I know write their own. But the thing is that I don’t want to write a blog just about my day to day life, because honestly, that’s been overdone. What I aim to do instead is to try to make my own blog more thought-provoking, informative, educational, and hey, maybe inspirational. But I do want to make this entertaining and easy to read. So I'll probably add some random, personal stuff as well. Hopefully I can strike a balance between the style of a university paper and a diary entry, in terms of my wording, tone, etc.

Has the above bored you? I’m not going to apologize. I find that people are either over-apologetic in unnecessary situations or under-apologetic when it counts. But anyways. I’ll get to the point.

The Point

Hokai, so this blog that I’ve started is supposed to be about my own take on the power of stories in peace education, conflict resolution, social justice and human rights. Here and there I’ll talk about how and why I’m doing this, my favourite stories, the importance of the arts, Free the Children, the Canadian Museum of Human Rights, my worries and aspirations for grad school, and so on. It’ll all make sense in time, I promise. It usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment